Here is a collection of troubles that happened to our users and the way to solve them.
1. My login fails
In practical terms, you get a screen that says "Ooops, something went wrong". This is typically because your Etsy account is not ready to sell, and Etsy will block your login via Nembol.
- Upload a credit card in Etsy (to pay their fees)
- Set a bank account in Etsy (to get paid for your sales)
These actions are performed inside Etsy.com, not in Nembol, and of course Nembol never gets to hold nor see these data.
Once you've done both, login will work. If it still doesn't, it is a connection issue. Servers sometimes fail, just be patient and try again in a few minutes.
2. I am logged in but I still can't publish
You probably logged in some time ago. Please log-out and log back in. Credentials and tokens expire. For your security.
3. I got an error at the end of the login
You probably took too long, most likely because you were interrupted. You have to start again and be faster. This error is very rare.
4. I don't see all my shipping profiles in Nembol Etsy settings
Nembol will upload only the "non calculated" shipping profiles. This is because you are free to publish on Etsy, via Nembol, items without a weight or package size. For such items, Etsy would return an error if associated with a "calculated" shipping profile.
Note that Nembol will create for you a new shipping profile in Etsy. This can be, if you want, your default shipping profile with products published via Nembol. You can both edit this profile, or you can select a different one in Nembol, or later on in Etsy.
5. Nembol says the item was published, but I can't see it in my Etsy store
Look in the Draft section of your Etsy back-end and you'll see your product.
Sometimes Nembol will be able to publish right away only after you opt-in to pay Etsy publishing fees. For this reason you may encounter two situations:
- You publish a product flagged as "Active" in Nembol Etsy settings --> if Etsy wants the double opt-in on the fee payment, it will block you the publication and return an error.
- You publish a product flagged as "NON Active" in Nembol Etsy settings --> In this case, Nembol will not get an error, and you product will end up among your drafts in Etsy. From the draft folder, you can move it among your active listings only if you accept to pay Etsy their publication fee.
For this reason, it is optimal to push the first products as non active.
6. I get a generic error when trying to publish
Check a few lines above: it may be because you tried to push an "Active" product without accepting to pay Etsy fees.
Some users, also got errors because they had special characters in their product card or description. Some quotation marks, for instance, generate an error from Etsy, despite all systems are now using UTF-8 sets.
Solution: remove special characters and Retry.